According to bylaws, TDRF is supervised by a board that comprised of 12 board members and 1 chairman. The chairman superintends TDRF and represents it externally. The CEO is nominated by the chairman after receiving approval from board members. The CEO who can be assisted by the deputy CEO is in charge of all activities and responsible for internal administration of TDRF under the supervision of board of directors.
To achieve goals set by MOHW, TDRF formed 4 divisions (Division of Administration, Division of Planning and Communication, Division of Drug Relief Investigation, and Division of Drug Safety) to execute all tasks.
Main tasks of each division
Division of Administration
- Drug Injury Relief validation and reimbursement distribution.
- Collection, auditing and verification of Drug Relief levy.
- Collection of overdue Drug Relief levy.
- General administration including human resources and accounting.
Division of Planning and Communication
- Provision of counseling for Drug Relief applications.
- Provision of health educational programs and maintenance of public relations.
- Organization of conferences and training courses, for information exchange between the industry, academia and the public.
- Development and evaluation of related projects.
Division of Drug Relief Investigation
- Assistance in and processing of Drug Relief Injury application.
- Collection, investigation and compilation of medical records of cases.
- Organization of preliminary reports for further investigation.
- Management of drug relief databases and proposals for future prevention.
Division of Drug Safety
- Collection, management and analysis of adverse drug reaction (ADR) reports and related safety information.
- Safety signal detection and management.
- Drug risk assessment, investigation and management.
- Pharmacoepidemiological investigation and risk assessment.
- Planning and maintenance of National ADR reporting system.
- Drug injury and other ADR prevention related projects.